Private organizations and foundations provide millions of dollars in critical support each year for important programs at the University of Arizona and specifically within the UA Health Sciences (UAHS). This support helps accelerate work across a spectrum of disciplines at the UAHS – from pioneering integrative nursing training, to finding cure for Valley Fever, to unraveling the underpinnings of childhood asthma, and more – we have an opportunity to leverage existing philanthropic partnerships and create new ones to advance efforts and improve the lives of people in Arizona and beyond.
UAHS Foundation Relations
The UAHS Foundation Relations strives to match the interests of foundations with the work being conducted within the University of Arizona Health Sciences. Their goal is to develop coordinated, thoughtful, and strategic funding requests to key foundation partners in support of the work at UAHS.The office works in partnership with the UA Foundation GIFT Center, Office of Research & Discovery, UAHS Research Administration, Sponsored Projects Services and many others to help advance the work at the UA.
How can we help?
The team works with faculty and researchers to help facilitate requests to foundations in support of major university and UAHS priorities as outlined by UAHS leadership by focusing on high-level foundation partners and donors ($1M+ in cumulative giving or capacity) nationally, locally, regionally, and across the state.
They work collaboratively with internal partners to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward foundation partnership and prospects to promote and advance university goals and priorities to generate philanthropic support. Specifically, they assist faculty, development staff, university leadership and others in working with and applying to foundations for philanthropic support through the following activities:
- Build relationship with foundations and key organizations (private, community, family, and corporate foundations).
- Facilitate solicitation strategies to match grant opportunities with appropriate UAHS programs and cross-institutional projects.
- Advise on proposal development and structure for philanthropic marketplace.
- Develop solicitation strategies, facilitates generation of case statements, and proposals.
- Reviews and edit proposals to foundations on the UAHS Top Foundations List.
Provide support and work collaboratively with faculty, staff, leadership, and scientists to develop strategies to approach foundations on the UAHS Top Foundations List and serve as a liaison to the foundations on that list.
- Partner with UA Foundation, UAHS Research Administration, and Research Development Services in the Office for Research & Discovery and UAHS on strategic solicitations.
UAHS Foundation Relations Contact Information
Amanda Horton, Senior Director, Foundation Relations
(520) 626-2101 or email@example.com
Eric Moreno, Development Coordinator, Foundation Relations
(520) 626-9432 or firstname.lastname@example.org